Playworker – required for January 2023
Hours of work – 25 hrs per week, term time only
Split shift 7.30am – 9.00 am and 2.30pm – 6.00pm
Salary: Grade 3 £23114 FTE pro rata (actual salary £13,562)
At St Luke’s CE Academy, we are proud to be part of Staffordshire University Academy Trust. We are situated in the village of Endon on the outskirts of the Staffordshire Moorlands. Our school is a warm and friendly school which focuses on learning and seeks to find and refine the talents in everyone …. “Helping Lights Shine for All” Luke 11:3.
At St Luke’s, authentic pupil voice ensures that positive attitudes to learning are central to all we do. This is a good school which is well on its journey to become outstanding.
We wish to appoint a Playworker for our on-site wrap around care club, who will enhance our current staff team– someone who will make a real difference to our children’s lives and continue to build upon the excellence that the school currently offers and embrace our schools Christian values
The candidate will enhance our vibrant and exciting team and help us in our desire to nurture our children and each other to be the very best they can be. The Academy has “Learning Without Limits” at its core. The ideal candidate will have some experience of working to support the welfare and safety of children.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Your ability to work as part of a very enthusiastic team
- Commitment, flexibility and energy
- A drive to work on their own initiative
- Excellent behavioral management skills
- A knowledge of the national curriculum and assessment
- An ability to undertake suitable training for your own professional development.
Your responsibilities will include:
- supporting the Senior Play Leader in the development and implementation of suitable activities
- assisting in maintaining discipline in the care club environment through the implementation of the schools behavior management strategies
- assisting the teacher with the planning of learning activities
- assisting with the day to day routines of a care club
In return we can offer:
- Motivated engaged children who are excited to learn
- A school where wellbeing of all is a priority
- Exemplary behavior and attitudes displayed from all children
- vibrant and exciting working environment and atmosphere
- A supportive TRUST, where everybody matters (SUAT)
- Committed parents and governors
- A thriving and positive school community
- An excellent programme of continued professional development
- A caring Christian environment with strong church links
We love our school, and think that you will too; therefore Visits to see our wonderful school in action are strongly encouraged. Please contact the school office on 01782 502369 to arrange a visit, or to ask any further questions about the position.
Applicants should state their particular strengths and interests in their letter of application.
We look forward to receiving your application. This can be downloaded below along with other supporting documents, which should be used to support your letter of application. Please send completed applications for this post to firstname.lastname@example.org
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
Visit Dates: Please contact the office to arrange 01782 502369
Closing Date for Applications: Thursday 14th December 2023 at midday
Interviews will be held: Monday 18th December 2023
Advert SLA-HR-Model-Declaration-Form updated 2018 (1)
SUAT Privacy Notice – Job Applicants