Required for 1st September 2020 - Class Teacher (maternity cover 1 year fixed term)
Salary: £26,000-£30,970 (dependent upon experience)
St Luke’s CE Academy, situated in the village of Endon on the outskirts of the Staffordshire Moorlands, is a warm and friendly school which focuses on learning and seeks to find and refine the talents in everyone …. “Helping Lights Shine for All” Luke 11:3.
At St Luke’s, authentic pupil voice ensures that positive attitudes to learning are central to all we do. This is a good school which is well on its journey to becoming outstanding.
We wish to appoint a creative and energetic teacher, initially to cover a maternity leave, who will enhance our current staff team– someone who will make a real difference to our children’s lives and continue to build upon the excellence that the school currently offers. We wish to recruit a teacher who is passionate and committed to providing children with opportunities and experiences that challenge and inspire them; a teacher who has a proven track record of good and outstanding teaching and a teacher who will embrace our schools Christian values.
The candidate will enhance our vibrant and exciting team and help us in our desire to nurture our children to be the very best they can be. The Academy has “Learning Without Limits” at its core.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Be a dynamic, reflective classroom practitioner and have a willingness to be innovative when planning for our creative curriculum
- Take part in all aspects of school life and will fully support our School Vision, Values and Christian ethos
- Have the potential and ambition to become an outstanding teacher with the support of an outstanding team
- Be able to work flexibly and supportively within a wider team
- Be passionate about enabling all children to reach their potential
- Recognises the strengths of each child and is able to address next steps for learning
- Builds positive relationships with children, parents, staff and visitors alike
In return we can offer:
- Motivated engaged children who are excited to learn
- vibrant and exciting working environment and atmosphere
- Committed parents and governors
- A thriving and positive school community
- An excellent programme of continued professional development
- A caring Christian environment with strong church links
Applicants should state their particular strengths and interests in their letter of application.
Please contact the school office on 01782 502369 to or to ask any further questions about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application. This can be downloaded below along with other supporting documents, which should be used to support your letter of application. Please send completed applications for this post to office2@st-Lukes-endon.staffs.sch.uk
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 15th May 12.00pm
Although visits cannot take place, candidates are encouraged to have telephone discussions. Please email or call the office to arrange.
Interviews will be held on: TBC